Tuesday, June 26, 2012

So, it's been a while...

A lot has happened.  I've been granted a Middle Level endorsement, and am about 80% finished with my certification coursework.  I'm only 50% finished with my school library endorsement, but that has to take a backseat right now.

The big achievement right now is surviving the past quarter.  3 classes, 10 weeks.  Single motherhood and full-time academic just don't jive.  Especially since two of my classes were taught in a block, from 5:30 - 10:30 pm weekly.  Yes, you read that right.  5:30 - 10:30 pm.  Every Wednesday night.  For ten weeks.  I got the babysitting worked out.  The sleep deprivation aspect of it brought me right back to Brian's newborn daze.

But I'm a Battle, so I gave it the good old college try.  And what do you know: Yoda was right.  I didn't just try to do it; I did it.

Being a Jedi master, I wisely chose to take the summer off.

Next quarter: Language Arts Methods.  Lesson plan overload, here we come.

Buckle up, Buttercup.

No comments:

Post a Comment